Our Childcare Team
Masters of Educational Studies, JP (Qual)
- As a teacher with a passion for early childhood and a mother of four boys, Lucy was confident she knew what parents expected from an early childhood facility.
- After years at management level in schools, Lucy and her sister Alison Mazey (also a primary teacher) launched Amaze Early Education Centre in 2008.
- An extremely hands-on General Manager, she leads and mentors 70 staff and eight managers.
- Lucy is a mum to four busy teenage boys, who have helped her understand what children need from a quality early learning centre.
- Phil has a high level of business expertise and has worked on the Gold Coast for a number of years in senior business positions in Sales and Marketing and has completed an MBA at the Southern Cross University.
- Phil and his wife Alison, have two children, Oscar and Zoe who have both attended AMAZE Child Care Centres before heading off to school.
Centre Support Manager – Outside School Hours Care
Bachelor of Human Services (Child and Family Studies)
Bachelor of Education
- Melissa has been at Mudgeeraba since it commenced in December 2011, rising to Co-ordinator in 2012.
- In 2017, Melissa’s leadership and management skills made her a natural choice as the Centre Support Manager for Outside School Hours Care
- Melissa has a genuine passion for primary aged children and her child-centred programmes keep all the OSHC charges busy and active.
Bachelor Education (Early Childhood) (Currently Studying), Advanced Diploma of Children’s Studies
- Sally joined the Amaze child care team over 5 years ago, as Director of our Mudgeeraba Child Care Centre.
- Her passion for all things children and strong and supportive leadership skills with a focus on quality control saw her as a natural choice for our first Centre Support Manager.
- Sally commenced studying her Bachelor of Education and expressed a strong desire to be more hands on with the children, thus she was the perfect choice for Ormeau’s first Director.
Advanced Diploma of Children’s Studies
- Kara joined Amaze at the beginning of 2015 after many years in centres across the Gold Coast.
- Kara is passionate about bringing nature into our children’s lives and sustainable living.
- Her efforts saw her lead her team at Amaze’s Hinterland Centre to receive an EXCEEDING rating at their National Quality Standards assessment.
- At the beginning of 2018, Kara oversaw the opening of Amaze’s new childcare centre at Gaven on the Gold Coast where she is now Director.
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Suzanne has been in early childhood for 27 years, the last 12 years as a Director.
- Suzanne joined Amaze in 2016 and is excited to lead our Silkstone, Ipswich service during its next chapter.
- In her role, Suzanne, aims to guide and support parent and educator relationships and to always put children first in every decision made.
Advanced Diploma Children’s Services
- Alice joined our Bonogin centre at the start of 2012
- Alice has been a Director on the Gold Coast for a number of years, she is an expert for providing high quality care.
- Alice runs a very popular and active programme. Due to this, the centre was expanded to cater for 63 children in 2014.
Studying Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Lauren commenced as an Educator with Amaze in 2012.
- Over this time she has been an extremely well-liked team member by the children, their families and her team.
- Lauren’s son Charlie attends Mudgeeraba State School and she is a passionate Mudgee supporter.
Master of Education – Guidance and Counselling
- Dolores commenced at Amaze in July 2017. She came to us with an extensive amount of experience both as a registered teacher and an OSHC Co-ordinator.
- Dolores has a great passion for children and youth
- She holds a high level of professionalism, a demonstrated sense of responsibility and has a personal commitment to continue professional development
- Dolores was excited to join the Crestmead team.
Bachelor of Primary Education
- Sam has been a part of the Amaze team for over 5 years. He commenced as an Educator at our School care service at Mudgeeraba State School.
- Mr Sam has always been one of Amaze’s most popular educators, winning the Parents Choice Award for 2017. We were therefore delighted when he put is hand up to take the promotional position of Co-ordinator of Amaze Active Somerset College
- Sam loves to get outdoors and active with the children.
- Sam works to ensure Amaze is an integral part of Somerset College allowing a seamless transition for the children.
Studying Diploma of School Age Care
- Our Brisbane Central OSHC commenced in April 2017 under the leadership of Tamara.
- Tamara believes in providing children with an environment that they can be safe, and learn through play.
She believes all children are to be given opportunities to explore and learn in their environment
- Tamara loves giving opportunities for children to grow and learn by doing things that they may not necessarily get to do in school and at home, like gardening, looking after pets. She loves to share this experience and knowledge with the children and their families.
- It has been great to see Amaze Active Brisbane Central grow to the bustling centre it is today.